These rules apply to Rallies and Gatherings on commercial or permanent sites only. Any site rules will take precedence over the following club rules.
1) Club Rallies will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the first day
and conclude at 12:00 noon on the last day unless members are notified
2) If members wish to be sited adjacent to each other they should arrange to meet up outside the site so they arrive together, otherwise they will be sited on the next vacant pitch.
3) The unit must be placed in a uniform way. This will be at the discretion of the Rally Marshal, and to the wishes of the Site Owner.
4) Excessive noise will not be tolerated after 11:00 pm and before 8:00 am.
5) Radios, TV’s etc should be played at a discrete level so as not to inconvenience fellow campers.
6) Parents will be responsible for the behaviour of any children in their party and any action taken by the Marshal for misbehaviour will be taken against the member.
7) Children under the age of 16 years must not be left on their own on the campsite.
8) In inclement weather vehicle movements should be kept to a minimum.
9) All pets are the responsibility of their owners and they should ensure that other members are not inconvenienced by them. Pets should not be allowed to foul the campsite, but if they do, the owner is responsible for the cleaning of that area.
10) Dogs must be kept on a fixed leash of no more than two metres other then when using recognised dog walking areas. This rule cannot be superseded by a campsites own rule. If it is reported to the marshal or committee member that a member’s dog has been disruptive or acts in what could be a threatening manner, the owner may be asked to remove the dog from the Rally immediately. On subsequent Rallies, the dog must be muzzled at ALL times. If this means that the member has to leave the Rally, no refund of any fees will be made.
11) Kites should not be flown over units or in the vicinity of units. Playing of ball games etc should be outside the unit lines. The blowing of soap bubbles should be away from units as this may cause damage to the canvas.
12) The area around your unit must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
13) For safety reasons the 20-foot rule will be implemented (where possible).
14) A fire bucket containing water must be placed outside the unit in clear view, in case of fire.
15) Members should ensure that they carry their own first aid kits and the club cannot administer first aid
16) Use of generators shall be at the discretion of the Marshal.
17) The Play Tent is a NO SMOKING AREA AT ALL TIMES.
18) At the end of a Rally club members will leave the rally area as we would wish to find it.
PLEASE NOTE: IF ANY CLUB MEMBER CONSTANTLY AND WILFULLY BREAKS THE ABOVE RULES THEN THE CLUB MARSHAL / COMMITTEE MEMBER, AFTER CONSULTATION WITH THE CLUB MEMBER, WILL HAVE NO CHOICE OTHER THAN TO ASK THE OFFENDING MEMBER TO LEAVE THE RALLY. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID IN THIS INSTANCE.
Members should note that the club no longer provides Group Personal Accident insurance cover. This has been discontinued following the withdrawal of our previous insurer from the market and extremely high quotes from alternative companies. Members attending any event organised by the Conway Owners Club do so entirely at their own risk and the club will not accept any claims resultant from attendance at an event howsoever the incident occurred. This of course does not relieve the club of liability in the event of negligence and to this end we do still maintain a Public Liability Policy, just in case the unthinkable happens.